[interview] 200310 High Cut March 2020 Issue


Jennie from her High Cut pictorial in the March 2020 issue. jnkbuzz.blogspot.com
(Photo Credit: High Cut, March 2020)


Hey, Jennie

"Ever since I was a kid, I loved reforming or buying clothes and mix them on different ways. Singing and dancing were also a part of (my) everyday life."

Teenage girl Jennie loved singing, dancing and dressing up nicely. Growing up, she is now every girl's dream icon, showing off her charms on the world stage. Even back then or now, Jennie shines. Her appearance alone can instantly change the air of the studio into sweetness, then going back to a shy girl when she smiles, and in the final cut, surprise people with her professional look more than anyone else. Everything is possible because she knows exactly what she wants and loves. 

"There are so many things I want to do and show you." 

Jennie's LOVE is infinite.


Jennie from her High Cut pictorial in the March2020 issue. jnkbuzz.blogspot.com
(Photo Credit: High Cut, March 2020)


High Cut: How do you feel living as 'Jennie'? Whatever you wear or put on as you like becomes an issue (talk of the town). People are always praising you for being pretty. I'm curious about the life of an 'Icon' that is loved at the age of 25.

Jennie: I am really thankful. Thanks to the love of so many people, I am spending my days happily. Sometimes it doesn't feel real, but I am thankful that the fans like it a lot, and I will try my best to show you a better side of me.


High Cut: Jennie doesn't seem hesitant to express herself. On the other hand, you said in an interview with HIGH CUT that, "I was too shy to even say hello at (my) audition." What is the process that you go through to switch from shy "Jennie" to "BLACKPINK Jennie" on stage?

Jennie: I felt most comfortable on stage after spending the longest time (on it). So whenever I perform on stage, I think I can only focus on that. Jennie is still a bit shy off stage. Haha


High Cut: In what other ways you want to express yourself other than fashion, music or SNS?

Jennie: Well, I want to focus on what I'm doing right now first. I don't think I have been able to show everything in fashion or music yet, so I'm thinking about how can I show you a better version of myself.


High Cut: On the other hand, you may have felt pressured by your huge popularity. For example, when you post a picture on your Instagram feed, it's like the responsibility to meet the expectations of the 25 million followers around the world?

Jennie: Rather than feeling a sense of responsibility or pressure, I think I do it with the pleasure of showing a new me. I am thankful for the love and support for the different sides of me that I have shown in public. I enjoy doing it with the thoughts of communicating with fans.


High Cut: You released your first SOLO album two years ago. Group activities are different with SOLO activities, what other new experiences have you gained?

Jennie: To be honest, at the start, I felt pressured to fill the stage alone but, it was a valuable experience that i put a lot of effort and I was able to grow up on my own. I got to learn to fill (the stage) alone from beginning to end. With a mature and responsible mind, I worked hard so that I wouldn't be ashamed on behalf of BLACKPINK.


Jennie from her High Cut pictorial in the March 2020 issue. jnkbuzz.blogspot.com
(Photo Credit: High Cut, March 2020)


High Cut: In fact, BLACKPINK has grown really fast. The same goes to Jennie, who is a member of it. Don't you ever feel afraid of this fast pace?

Jennie: From the time we debuted to now, time has gone by so fast. New things are happening every day, so it still feels surreal. Sometimes it’s scary how fast things are moving, but still there are more and more happy experiences and memorable moments, and I’m trying to enjoy the present. I’m going to work harder so that these precious times can go on longer.


High Cut: I heard there are times when you fly twice a day. What is Jennie's driving force to make these busy activities be possible?

Jennie: Maybe it's greed, but there's a lot of things that I still want to do and so many things that I want to show you! Whether it's on stage or in a photoshoot like today, I always want to show you something new and better. I think that's what keeps me busy.


High Cut: Recently, Jennie's instagram (@jennierubyjane) feed was mostly decorated by two precious 'puppies'. If you could show off the charms of Jennie's puppies in 'High Cut'.

Jennie: They are so lovely and cute kids. If we talk about their charms one by one, we might have to stay up all night Haha. Recently, (my) puppies have been sick and have to go to the hospital a lot, so I feel a heavy heart about going to work. I'm trying to research and love them a lot so that they can be healthier and happier.


High Cut: Other than puppies, what is Jennie most interested in these days? 

Jennie: I'm still hooked on film cameras. I like the warm and natural mood of film camera. I'm excited to see what kind of pictures will come out. I always carry it with me and take (pictures) whenever I have time.


High Cut: Instagram account  @lesyeuxdenini also feels like different from Jennie's main account? In what way does this account capture Jennie?

Jennie: It's an account that I use when I want to upload photos of my daily life without any pressure. Haha


Jennie from her High Cut pictorial in the March 2020 issue. jnkbuzz.blogspot.com
(Photo Credit: High Cut, March 2020)


High Cut: In what other ways you want to express yourself other than fashion, music or SNS? 

Jennie: Well, I want to focus on what I'm doing right now first. I don't think I have been able to show everything in fashion or music yet, so I'm thinking about how can I show you a better version of myself.


High Cut: I'm also curious about the 25-year-old Jennie's little worries.

Jennie: Other than working hours, I think I'm thinking about how can I spend my time without regrets. In fact, I work out and take care of myself every day, and it's kind of like an advance preparation process before my schedule gets busy. I often think that I don't want to miss out on learning new things or new hobbies every year.


High Cut: When you were young, did teenage Jennie also like to dress nicely, dance and sing?

Jennie: When I was younger, I enjoyed reforming clothes or combining pieces in different ways. Singing and dancing was also a part of everyday life. I didn’t know that I’d be able to do these things as a part of my job, but I think what brought me to where I am today is my younger self thinking about what to wear every morning, singing with my friends, and copying dances that I saw online.


High Cut: What would young Jennie say when she sees Jennie now? In addition,  what Jennie in her early 30s would like to say to the present Jennie?

Jennie: I think they will say, "You are doing what you love so much, so don't get tired and work hard until you can."  Always have a dream, don't throw away that dream, and I want so say, you are doing a great job.



Source: πŸ”— High Cut Instagram


#μ œλ‹ˆ #λΈ”λž™ν•‘ν¬ #JENNIE #JENNIEKIM #BLACKPINK #HighCut #2020 #Interview