[interview] 220126 Elle Korea February 2022 Issue

Running For Tomorrow, The Iconic #제니 #Jennie

Jennie, who shines more freely than ever. Jennie is ready to go beyond herself and move on to the next.



You posted a picture of you going to the mountains on SNS. With a cute comment, 'Go to the mountain and get a lot of good (positive) energy'.

I think the beauty of nature is irreplaceable. Not only the breathtaking blue scenery but also the sound of stepping on the snow, the feeling of fresh air. It feels like everything is being healed by itself. I gained energy from nature and I also made a New Year's resolution.

What was your resolution? February is a good month to make a bit late New Year's resolution.

'Let's spend time to have a much more healthier body and mind', is my goal for this year. In terms of work, I have a desire to show how much I've grown compared last year. Most of all, I want to meet BLINKs in person as soon as possible.





We invited Jennie to the kitchen for today's photoshoot.  It is a place at home where meals and stories come and go. What kind of space is the kitchen usually for Jennie?

At home, the kitchen is both the most casual and comfortable place, it is also a precious place. I also have the most conversations with my family while eating in the kitchen. I watch my mom cook next to me.


You became a new campaign model for Chanel Coco Crush. As Chanel's House Ambassador, we are already used to the combination of Coco Crush and Jennie. Nevertheless, this fact feels amazing and new.

I can't believe I filmed a campaign for the jewelry that I usually wear, it was an honor! The campaign will begin in earnest in January, so by the time you watch this interview, I think most of the campaign images and videos will be released. I would be very happy if you liked the new side of me with Coco Crush.


Jennie's own styling way is to mix and wear Coco Crush's white, yellow and beige gold. Is there another method that you discovered recently?

I still like to mix colors and wear them. I usually prefer comfortable styles, so I also like jewelry designs that are not too fancy and comfortable when worn. When I saw it the first time, the little elements that don't stand out gives me joy.






In Korea, the understanding for jewelry is increasing day by day. The interest to Fine Jewelry is also growing. To Jennie, jewelry is...

It's an essential part of styling! I also pay a lot of attention to it. Even in the same look, the vibe and point vary depending on how you wear the jewelry.


In your last meeting with <Elle>, you said you get new inspiration in the process of meeting and communicating with various people. How was Paris that you visited after a long time? Is there a new place you discovered?

I met with friends that I haven't seen in a long time. We also ate delicious food together (laughs). I went to galleries and museums in my spare time, there were many new things I discovered there. It was really good.


How are Kai and Kuma doing? What is the the most memorable moments of the time you spent together recently?

We went for a walk together on a snowy day a while ago, I remember how excited they were. They were so cute and lovely, so I took a lot of pictures and videos.


I wish we could watch on Jennie's Youtube channel the (Kuma and Kai) video that you filmed on the snowy day. I enjoyed watching 'YeonHui-dong Bakery Tour' video a few days ago. I didn't know that you will personally pick and buy the bread.

It was enjoyable to shoot because I could look around and buy my favorite bread as much as I want. I think it would be fun to make it by myself if I get a chance some other time.








It's been a long time since words like 'Icon' and 'Unique' described Jennie. What expression do you want people to think if when they hear the name "Jennie" this year?

It is an honor to become an inspiration and iconic figure to someone. If I'm described with such a wonderful modifier, I can't help but thinking I'd like to show the better side of me. This year, I wish people think of a more comfortable, friendly side of me. I'll also try to show people that side of me.


In life, there must be things that cannot be solved by your own efforts. Sometimes there are things that makes you feel like it's out of your hand (you can't control anymore). How will you accept such situations?

Even when I faced such situation, I tend to do my best to not leave any regrets. If I can't solve it even though I have already done everything that I can, you have to give meaning to the effort and process of it and accept the result. Even though you can't forget it easily as if nothing happened.


If you have a theater with a very big screen for yourself only, what is the movie Jennie wants to watch?

There are so many movies that come to mind. I recently watched <Atonement> and thought it would be good if I could see it on a big screen. If I watch it alone in an empty theater, I think it will lingers a little more in my mind.


Jennie's face has ambivalent charms. Which of these two expressions do you like 'mature' and 'like a child'? It can be a question about what word you want to be suitable for you?

Both of these are full of charms? But I am sure each (words) have pros and cons. I want to think level-headed and act maturely, at the same time, I want to be a person with innocent and bright vibe.







Is there a moment when you realized, "I care this person, we really got close". What is the Jennie's way of expressing affection?

I tend to be very shy. But once we got close, I joke around a lot and caring them generously, shower them with affection.


Do you agree with the saying that 'Life is short'? Time flies so fast, but sometimes it passes so slowly too.

I didn't actually feel the usual saying "Life is short". However,  I thought time is going by really fast as I entered 2022. I guess that's why I keep making resolutions. I should do my best without regret every moment.


What color do you compare Jennie these days.

I want to choose sky blue. I like sky colors that combined with clear colors. I want to be a person with that kind of charm.







#제니 #블랙핑크 #JENNIE #JENNIEKIM #BLACKPINK #ELLEKOREA #MAGAZINE #INTERVIEW #CHANEL #COCOCRUSH