[theqoo] Jennie said, "You didn't know girls would be so successful."

The Jennie/Beats by Dr Dre cf that dropped yesterday.

"Future was written"

Jennie's rap was included.

Longer versions are also released than the part shown. 

As a female artist, many interpret it as lyrics that show pride in BLACKPINK's success. 

There seems to be a lot of interpretation that it's a diss to anyone who doesn't want and interferes with women's success?

Source: πŸ”— theqoo / 52k views 🚨

Comments: translator's note = [t/n: ]

  1. The lyrics are good, the rap is good... It looks like you're active in solo activities.
  2. I love this message from a successful woman.
  3. It's so nice and chewy.
  4. I got goosebumps when I saw the lyrics. So cool πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
  5. Awesome
  6. Jennie is the best.
  7. Jennie is so good at rapping. Her tone is so good. The lyrics are also crazy
  8. So good!
  9. I love your rap tone
  10. Jennie's rap tone is a scam
  11. I hope that more successful women can talk about this.
  12. I'm asking about the part, "They didn't know women would be so successful." It sounds like someone said "Blackpink wouldn't do so well because they're girls", but does anyone think that way? No matter how hard it is, does anyone think that when a kpop girl group debuts?
  13. Oh, I'm curious about the [t/n: rest of the] lyrics.
  14. → 12 I think you're saying that without considering the social climate of the industry... It hasn't been long since female idols gathered big fandoms to compete with the loss of sales from male idols who enlisted... That's why their lifespan was short. That's what everyone in the industry thought. Recently, female idols are big enough to go on tour and don't have to enlist. Blackpink is one of them, showing that successful ggs can come out and be profitable.
  15. There aren't many female idols in ggs who sing songs like this. There is a notion that it doesn't do well. Anyway, as a woman, it's good to see [t/n: coming out of] BLACKPINK.
  16. I really like Jennie.
  17. I came in to replay it... Jennie's rap is so chewy.
  18. I'm listening to it because I like it. I hope the release date comes out soon.
  19. Wow, you're so cool, Jennie.
  20. I think it's about YG.
  21. King God Jennie.
  22. But aren't girls more popular in Korea and overseas?
    • Huh? Men are usually more popular. Look at the difference in sales between ggs and bgs right now. Only now, can ggs sell really well. The perception back then was ggs were less profitable than men no matter how well they do.
  23. It's a pity some comments can't understand the lyrics... As in Lee Young-Ji's Witch, "A little girl's progress will lead your way. Victim mindset that's blocking the way" There are many people who think women don't do well. Especially young women, when they are doing well, are hated for no reason.
  24. I'm curious about the album. Hurry up and come out.
  25. I like the beat and Jennie's tone. It's different from how she sounds before.
  26. The song is so good
  27. If you don't understand, just leave it alone. Jennie's a woman so she's gonna talk about women.
  28. God... Jennie is a god.
  29. Wow... I was so touched that I had to comment... Tribute to BLACKPINK for opening up infinite horizons for female idols to do well!
  30. Can Jennie's album come out quickly!
  31. Wow, Jennie. I watched it again.
  32. It's so meaningful to speak out about successful women.
  33. I'm waiting for the album γ…œγ…œγ…œ
  34. How can you be so pretty?
  35. Jennie, I love you.
  36. It's not just about success, but "woman-up", literally as a woman. It's so cool to overcome prejudice and ignore them and be successful anyway.
  37. The ones writing annoying comments are not women in the first place. I don't think they understand because they are not women.
  38. First of all, when I see people in TheQoo being annoying to female celebrities, I wonder if they are also women. If that's the case, I want to say that other women should cheer for famous women when they talk about womanhood. I think Blackpink is coming out solo and I'm going to listen to it when the album drops.
  39. Since when did lyrics have to only be about personal narratives? γ…‹γ…‹γ…‹γ…‹γ…‹γ…‹γ…‹ She's just talking about women and the interpretation is up to the listener. A good woman is talking about empowering women, Good luck, Jennie fighting!
  40. The lyrics go beyond Jennie and seem to be talking about how men are seen as better investments than women, regardless of her personal success. "They didn't plan for women to woman up" but the correct term is "man up" - to be brave. I don't know who wrote the lyrics but they are written well.
    • That's right. She wrote the lyrics well. I love that part. In particular, "came out of history" is also good. History is often used to refer to the past, but here she says, they are not bound to the prejudices of the past and it's good because she says "women ARE...". It wasn't planned but they came out of history and rewrote it.
      • Yes, I like that part because it seems connected. It seems that it doesn't matter who the subject is. You can immediately see that the subject of women and courage was not popular a short while ago. Women can be brave? Success and justice are not just for men? I think it can be interpreted like that γ…‹γ…‹γ…‹γ…‹ Am I taking it too seriously? Anyway, it's fun that can be interpreted in many ways.
  41. That was perfect γ…‹γ…‹ Jennie is the best!!!
  42. As a woman, I think the lyrics will definitely hit me. Especially for Koreans, it's natural for women to see their mothers suffer and for women to be persecuted, but people who don't feel anything [t/n: or suffer from sexism] seem to have grown up happily.
  43. From the comments, you can see why Jennie made this song.
  44. Came out of history and write herstory.
  45. Just looking at the comments, I can see how feminism came into being γ…‹γ…‹γ…‹γ…‹γ…‹γ…‹γ…‹ The socioeconomic effects of such a famous female idol being successful is greater than the nitpickers in the comments.
#μ œλ‹ˆ #λΈ”λž™ν•‘ν¬ #JENNIE #BLACKPINK #지코 #BEATSBYDRDRE #THEQOO #SOLO